11 June 2012
The Department of Transport has published the draft 20th Regulation Amendment to the National Road Traffic Regulations for comment.
The gazette details are: GG 35413 of 8 June 2012. Comments may be made until 6 July 2012.
The gazette covers a wide range of topics and contains very important amendments.
I list a few for your information:
• Haulage tractors provisions
• Verification of address particulars
• Consignor and consignee provisions
• Weigh bridge facility registration
• Driving hour limits, log books, etc.
• Parking for disabled persons
• Provisional driving licence requirements
• The deletion of vehicles that have to operate under an exemption permit from the list of vehicles that may be specially classified
• Numerous forms have also been amended
• Amendment to Schedule 4 – management representatives are allowed to test 150 vehicles per month.
• There are numerous other amendments that also need to be considered.
The gazette will be posted on our website (see under Presentations) if you wish to comment, it is a 150 page document and quite bulky.
Alta Swanepoel and Associates
1266 Starkey Avenue